Northside Players is the extra-curricular theatre program at Northside Middle School.
Open to all Northside students in good standing.
Students can participate as:
- Actors (Must audition for roles)
- Crew members for the plays
- In Drama Club sessions
- No previous experience is necessary
Drama Club Sessions are workshops that:
- Meet once a week only when we aren't doing a play.
- Have theatre games.
- Develop acting skills.
- Learn backstage skills.
- Always meet at Northside.
John Johnson is the drama coach at both Northside and North High School.
He is also the auditorium director at North High School. For more information or questions, please contact him at:
We mount two productions a year in all kinds of styles:
Recent productions include:
- an occasional musical
- Snow Angel
- The Greek Mythology Olympiaganza
- 50 Reasons NOT to Be in a Play
- In a Grove: Four Japanese Ghost Stories
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- Night of the Living Spartans
- Idiot's Guide to Surviving High School
- All I Really Need to Know I Learned by Being in a Bad Play
Students are expected to:
- Maintain good grades.
- Treat facilities with respect.
- Treat staff with respect.
- Treat fellow participants with respect.