Northside Players is the extra-curricular theatre program at Northside Middle School.
Open to all Northside students in good standing.
Students can participate as:
- Actors (Must audition for roles)
- Crew members for the plays
- In Drama Club sessions
- No previous experience is necessary
Drama Club Sessions are workshops that:
- Meet once a week only when we aren't doing a play.
- Have theatre games.
- Develop acting skills.
- Learn backstage skills.
- Always meet at Northside.
We mount two productions a year in all kinds of styles:
Recent productions include:
- an occasional musical
- Snow Angel
- The Greek Mythology Olympiaganza
- 50 Reasons NOT to Be in a Play
- In a Grove: Four Japanese Ghost Stories
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- Night of the Living Spartans
- Idiot's Guide to Surviving High School
- All I Really Need to Know I Learned by Being in a Bad Play
Students are expected to:
- Maintain good grades.
- Treat facilities with respect.
- Treat staff with respect.
- Treat fellow participants with respect.