Meet the East High School Leadership Team
Dr. Michael Parsons
Columbus East High School
I am entering my 18th overall year as an educator and 13th year as a building leader and I am full of excitement as I am entering my first year as the principal of Columbus East High School. Previously, I served for 6 years as the principal at Clifty Creek Elementary School and 6 years as an Assistant Principal in Huntington, IN and South Bend, IN. Below is my educational journey that has been wonderful and challenging:
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Secondary Education at Taylor University.
- Master of Arts in Special Education at Ball State University.
- Master of Educational Arts in Administrative Leadership from Ball State University.
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies from Purdue University.
While it's important to provide a glimpse into my work and educational background, it's equally vital to convey why I'm genuinely excited to be the principal of Columbus East High School. My motivation stems from a simple yet significant 'why' that has guided my actions and service to the community over the years. For the past 5 years, this "why" is reflected in my life mission, which continues to drive my daily dedication to Columbus East High School.
I believe each person deserves a champion in their life who believes in and pushes them beyond their finite horizon. I will:
- Relentlessly challenge and pursue others to reach their full potential.
- Inspire hope where hope seems lost.
- Love each person unconditionally.
- Be a vocal advocate for the silenced.
- Confidently disregard the status quo presented by the seekers of average.
- Walk with conviction and transformative faith.
I never had a burning desire to have the title Principal, but it is absolutely the best job I have ever held that allows me to fulfill my life mission of being a servant leader for the students, staff, and community of Columbus East! I am passionate about making Columbus East a school that shines bright for all to see and enthusiastic to be a part of the movement to make that happen.