As the new school year approaches next week, we want to give you a heads up about a new communication tool that our district will be using in place of the past eAlert system. BCSC will start using a new app called ParentSquare for family communication at the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year.
We are moving to ParentSquare for a number of exciting reasons.
- ParentSquare will allow us to have one central tool for communication that includes newsletters, eAlerts, and messages.
- ParentSquare will allow quick translation for families on content and messages to and from parents so families and staff can be on the same page with each other.
- ParentSquare will let users set notification preferences (app, phone, email, etc.) so that families can receive messages the way they prefer.
- ParentSquare is simple for staff since all rosters and information is imported from PowerSchool.
- ParentSquare supports safety for everyone by archiving messages to and from users.
Families, teachers, and administrators can access ParentSquare via their website, www.parentsquare.com, or phone app. Teachers and administrators can also post using either the website or phone app.
Invitations to our BCSC families will go out tomorrow. In case you do not receive an invitation by Thursday, please contact your student’s home school.
*CSA New Tech and Columbus Virtual Pathway families will see their student’s home school listed in their account. This will be corrected in the near future by ParentSquare. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you would like to learn more about ParentSquare, please use the following links:
ParentSquare Features - School and Parent Interaction App
ParentSquare Slide Deck v1.pdf - Google Drive
ParentSquare FAQ (google.com)